Everyone should have the anxiety about the safety of the city and the building where he lives under earthquake and tsunami. In order to achieve disaster risk reduction and reduce the anxiety, researchers and engineers must send correct information and knowledge to society about the safety.
Earthquake Disaster Engineering Research Laboratory will conduct research and development in earthquake disaster mitigation for cities and buildings and disseminate the knowledge to society. In addition, we will promote international cooperation to contribute disaster mitigation research not only in Japan but around the world.
Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering,
Toyohashi University of Technology
1-1 Hibarigaoka, Tempaku-cho, Toyohashi 441-8580, JAPAN
Room D-805(Dr.Saito), D-815(Dr.Nakada)
News & Topics
- Dr. Shotaro Nakada has been appointed as a new Assistant Professor.
- Prof. Saito received "AIJ Education Award 2019" from Architectural Institute of Japan on the subject "Development of an earthquake response analysis education tool for buildings and international educational activities in the field of earthquake disaster prevention"
- Prof. Saito was appointed as an associate member of Science Council of Japan.
- Research of Prof. Saito is introduced in the article of TUTResearch (Making buildings safer by preemptively visualizing earthquake damage).
- Dr. Hayashi became Assistant Prof. of Toyohashi University of Technology.
- Prof. Saito was appointed to the Director of "Research Center for Collaborative Area Risk Management (CARM)" in Toyohashi University of Technology.
- Web site is open.